Development of exhibition space technology
Developing the Technology to Realize Exhibition Space for Hyper-Realistic Pseudo Hologram and Projection Mapping-based Virtual Exhibits
- Realistic material-based reproduction of realistic exhibits
- Development of Optical Characteristic Measurement System for Display Materials
- Representation of material reflection characteristics for extreme realistic representation of virtual exhibits
- Expressing material of exhibited material with composite material
- Extreme photorealistic rendering technique of composite material reflecting real light source
- High quality space enhancement display technology
- 3D mapping technology based on projection mapping
- 3D Pseudo-hologram display technology
- Realistic interaction platform
- Real light source tracking system
- Visitor-oriented digital display system that can interact with each other
- Very realistic material expression technology of exhibits
- Understanding the reflection characteristics of the target material and developing suitable measurement and expression technology
- Development of measurement system (light source, detector, driving unit, operating SW, etc.) to reflect complex materials and development of data compression and processing technology that can directly use measured data to render
- Development of measurement system and related algorithm based on Bi-directional Texture Function (BTF), a technology capable of expressing complex materials of exhibited objects
- Space enhancement display technology
- Development of geometry correction technique for projecting mapping technique without distortion on a complex three-dimensional projection surface and color correction technique for accurate color representation according to the reflection characteristics of the projection surface
- Maximize material representation by considering BRDF of object surface to be projected in color correction process
- Development of stereoscopic pseudo-hologram device that can give depth feeling by utilizing dynamic display device and stereoscopic projection mapping technology
- Realistic interaction platform
- To add realism to the existing interaction, it is necessary to create and apply the HDR environment map of the indoor display environment, change the display according to the location of the viewer, and reflect the intention of the viewer to the display
- Developed a display technique that allows users to actively participate in the exhibition by creating customized exhibits such as blocks or porcelains, and projecting various display contents on the surface of the objects.
- Develop gesture-based interaction UI with multiple sensors for intuitive interaction
- It is anticipated that if many cultural assets existing in Korea are restored and exhibited using the technology developed in this research, it will be able to overcome the time and space limitation of the existing exhibition.
- It is expected to grow as a highly compatible technology that can be applied not only to cultural assets but also to various fields such as advertisement and performance.
- It is anticipated that it will be possible to create new value-added in the field of culture and arts by the industrialization of the leading technology to open up the future market with the promising technology to pioneer the digital museum field which is the blue ocean of cultural contents field.
- Realistic feeling of exhibits can be increased through realistic material modeling technology
- It is possible to increase the interest of visitors by avoiding the limitation of existing exhibition system which has been limited to static contents and giving dynamic effects
- By allowing viewers to directly interact with exhibits, it is possible to improve the visitor's level of exhibition involvement.